If your summers are boiling, it is a good reason to do a tree count in your town or city. Each summer in India seems worse than the last. And it is not just because you feel sweat streaming down your face and back, but because there are people are actually dying of heat every day! (See this ‘Hundreds die in Indian heatwave‘). And one of the main reasons our summers are feeling more and more like HELL, is that more and more trees are being cut down. The trees that remain (more…)
- Submit a review of a #Bollywood film you like/hate for the #Gender in #Bollywood @ 100 series! Details here... fb.me/2UZFP4AEi 6 hours ago
- Lessons from the Coconut in My Garden!
- Plum Cakes and Jewish Immigrants in India
- Does Goddess Worship in India Have a Feminist Underpinning?
- Holi: India's Forgotten Valentine's Festival!
- India Uptight over Erotica in Hinduism?
- Why India’s View on Sex and Sexuality is Deadly!
- The Real Reason the #DelhiGangRape Protests Were Crushed
- Blog To Book
TagsArt books children China culture democracy Economics environment ethics Femicide feminism feminist festival food fruits Gandhi gender Gendercide Government Hinduism human rights identity India lessons lessons in life life media Morality music non-violence Obama pesticides politics power religion rita banerji Sex Sex and Power Defining History Shaping Societies Sexuality Trees U.S.A. VAW violence women women's rights
All posts tagged heat
Posted in Uncategorized
Posted by Rita Banerji on June 5, 2012