And for me the most important part of recognizing an individual and independent identity has been in the discovery of those things that I had not been exposed to by others — my parents, the society, culture and country I was born into. (more…)
- Watch where you go in #India! Your #menstruation could land you in jail! ow.ly/lc9SZ #women #religion fb.me/LSlwCivl 3 hours ago
TagsArt books children China culture democracy Economics environment ethics Femicide feminism feminist festival food fruits Gandhi gender Gendercide Government Hinduism human rights identity India lessons lessons in life life media Morality music non-violence Obama pesticides politics power religion rita banerji Sex Sex and Power Defining History Shaping Societies Sexuality Trees U.S.A. VAW violence women women's rights
All posts tagged Spanish
Posted in Uncategorized
Posted by Rita Banerji on December 21, 2011
Top Posts & Pages
- "Amu" : India's Wakeup Call to the 1984 #Rapes and Killings of #Sikhs
- Does Goddess Worship in India Have a Feminist Underpinning?
- Why I am a Feminist (and you should be too!)
- Plum Cakes and Jewish Immigrants in India
- Why India’s View on Sex and Sexuality is Deadly!
- Your Husband is God!
- Lessons from the Coconut in My Garden!
- This is the video my full presentation on the Symp…
- What Happen's to India's 'Karma' After Killing 50 Million Women?
- Why Garbage Cans Disappear in India: A Story (in Pictures)