Someone, had very lovingly gifted me this apple, which you see in the photo above, and it has been sitting in my fridge for over 10 days now! I never had any intentions of eating it. And one of the reasons I would never eat it is because this apple has done a lot of sitting around! Before it got its seat in my fridge, I figure it was sitting in the fruit shop for about 3-4 days, and in a retail ware-house for about a week before that, and in some ship that sailed from the U.S. to India, for about 10 days before that, and in crates in loading docks for a few days before that, and in some apple orchard’s warehouse in California for some days before that.
So between its place of origin – the U.S., and it’s destined place of consumption, India, this apple has been sitting on its butt for more than more than a month. And even though it looks like it could do with a collagen shot, it still hasn’t perished!!! It is so loaded with chemicals — that it has an extra-long lease on life!!!
I know they know what they are doing — the guys who were injecting this fruit with the poison — because if you look at this apple carefully, they are trying so hard to convince you otherwise. It says ‘Farm-Pik’ and that too in the color green — so you think it’s all country-side and healthy! But hopefully, there are those of us who can read, and connect, and think before we put things into our bodies!
So today being environment day — I was thinking of giving this apple a funeral. But what do I do with this ball of poison? Where do I put it so that as it dies it does not leach its poison into the environment — the ground, the air, the water? How do I ensure that that the poison I did not want to consume — does not return to me through the air I breathe, the water I drink or the food I consume?